Recent Posts

9.19.2010

The Sandman Series

I know it's a little late, but I just finished reading Neil Gaiman's The Sandman: Book of Dreams. Technically, It wasn't even written by him, except for the short introductions. The book is a collection of short stories by different authors who set their plots on Gaiman's created universe. I got hooked, now I have to read the 75 issues DC comic book! (I'm a sucker for this kind of stuff. Graphic novels are intelligent reading materials, all the violence, battling forces, smart dialogue, heroic disguises, they're foods for thought. You just have to read between the lines and ignore some of the sadistic humor. Really. I'm serious. I read Watchmen and Wanted before. I honestly think it's cool. Hehe!)

There are seven Endless,
Delirium who used to be Delight,
Desire, a hermaphoridte,
Despair, twin sister of Desire,
Destruction, prodigal brother
Destiny, the eldest
Dream, king of well, the dreaming world.
and Death.


"-I am anti-life, the beast of judgement. I am the dark at the end of everything. The end of universes, gods, worlds... of everything. And what will you be then, Dreamlord?
- I am hope."